Thursday, February 10, 2011

897. Hair--The Original Soundtrack (1969) (7)

This is the first album listed on the 897 Greatest Albums list from radio station WTMD in Towson, Maryland, USA. The rankings were determined by listener voting. I am in the midst of reviewing all of them on an Amazon discussion board thread. This blog will contain posts of the albums I like the most. I rate them on a 10-point scale based on a total derived from the ratings given to the individual songs. A song with a rating of 5.5-7 gets 1 point; 7.5+ gets 2; and 4.5 or lower has one point deducted. Songs previously unknown to me are not included in the overall rating, which is the number following the year of release after the title.


897. Hair--The Original Soundtrack (1969) (7)
1. Ronald Dyson--Aquarius (6)

2. Gerome Ragni--Donna (?)(1)
3. Melba Moore--Hashish (?)(1)
4. Steve Curry--Sodomy (?) (1)
5. Lamont Washington--Colored Spade (?) (1)
6. James Rado--Manchester England (?) (2)
7. Steve Curry--I'm Black (?)(1)
8. Melba Moore--Ain't Got No (?) (1)
9. Melba Moore--I Believe in Love (?)(3)
10. Melba Moore--Ain't Got No (Reprise) (?)(1)
11. Melba Moore--Air (?)(3)
12. Melba Moore--Initials (?)(3)
13. James Rado--I Got Life (?)(2)
14. Gerome Ragni--Going Down (?)(1)
15. James Rado--Hair (7+) (I like the Cowsills version too)
16. Jonathan Kramer--My Conviction (?)(1)
17. Lynn Kellogg--Easy to Be Hard (5+) (love the 3 Dog Night version--8)

18. Steve Curry--Don't Put It Down (?)(2)
19. Shelley Plimpton--Frank Mills (?)(1)
20. Melba Moore--Be-In (?) (3)
21. James Rado--Where Do I Go? (?)(1)
22. Paul Jabara--Electric Blues (?)(1)
23. James Rado--Manchester England (reprise) (?)(2)
24. Diane Keaton--Black Boys (?)(1)
25. Melba Moore--White Boys (?)(2)
26. Melba Moore--Walking in Space (?)(1)
27. Ronald Dyson--Abie Baby (?)(1)
28. Melba Moore--Three-Five-Zero-Zero (?)(1)
29. Ronald Dyson--What a Piece of Work Is Man (?)(1)
30. Melba Moore--Good Morning Starshine (7) (I like the Oliver version too)

31. Melba Moore--The Bed (?)(1)
32. Melba Moore--The Flesh Failures (Let the Sunshine In) (9) (like the 5th Dimension version too)

REVIEW: With all that Broadway stuff mixed in (and I know that's what it was, a Broadway musical, so I should expect no less) it's too cluttered for me. But I give it a 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment