Wednesday, February 16, 2011

870. BB King and Eric Clapton--Riding With the King (2000) (3)

870. BB King and Eric Clapton--Riding With the King (2000) (3)

1. Riding With the King (?) (5)
2. Ten Long Years (?) (4)
3. Key to the Highway (?) (3)
4. Marry You (?) (3)
5. Three O'Clock Blues (?) (3)
6. Help the Poor (?) (3)
7. I Wanna Be (?) (2+)
8. Worried Life Blues (?) (4)
9. Days of Old (?) (5+)
10. When My Heart Beats Like a Hammer (?) (3)
11. Hold On! I'm Comin' (8)
12. Come Rain or Come Shine (5)

REVIEW: Nice sounding collaboration. Their singing voices go together well. I give it a 3.

ED'S TAKE:

#870 - BB King/Eric Clapton - Riding With the King

1 Riding With the King +++ (7) I don't like the song that much, even with the guitar licks.
2 Ten Long Years ++++ (9)
3 Key to the Highway ++++ (8)....I do love the single string picking
4 Marry You ++++ (8)
5 Three O'Clock Blues ++++(9)
6 Help the Poor ++++(8)
7 I Wanna Be ++++(8)
8 Worried Life Blues ++++ (9)
9 Days of Old ++++ (9)
10 When My Heart Beats Like a Hammer ++++(10) for the guitar solo alone
11 Hold On! I'm Comin' ++++ (9)
12 Come Rain or Come Shine ++++ (9) This was much better than I thought it would be

OVERALL RATING: 8

comments: Here's one where the album doesn't add up to the individual parts. Most of the songs are special because of the guitar work, NOT the vocals. In listening to this album as a whole, I'm sure that for me it would lose it's luster after 3 of 4 songs. There is no real standout here, considering the talent of BB and Eric. But, the guitar(s) are worth the bother, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment