Monday, February 28, 2011

833. Electric Light Orchestra--Eldorado (1974; #16) (2)

833. Electric Light Orchestra--Eldorado (1974; #16) (2)

1. Eldorado Overture (3)
2. Can't Get It Out of My Head (8+)
3. Boy Blue (?) (2)
4. Laredo Tornado (?) (2)
5. Poor Boy (The Greenwood) (?) (2)
6. Mister Kingdom (?) (3) (sounds too much like Across the Universe)
7. Nobody's Child (?) (2)
8. Illusions in G Major (?) (3)
9. Eldorado (?) (2)
10. Eldorado Finale (?) (2)

REVIEW: As with the previous album, this is one of my least favorite albums from a band that I like quite a lot of material from. Only Can't Get It Out of My Head rises above the crowd here. A 2.

ED'S TAKE
#833 ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA - Eldorado

1. Eldorado (overture) +4
2. Can't Get It Out Of My Head +++9
3. Boy Blue ++7
4. Laredo Tornado ++7
5. Poor Boy (The Greenwood) ++5
6. Mister Kingdom ++7
7. Nobody's Child +++8
8. Illusions in G Major +++8
9. Eldorado ++7
10. Eldorado (Finale) +4

OVERALL ALBUM RATING: 7

COMMENTS: I don't remember the "highpoints" of this album being so disappointing to me. I thought it WAS, in fact, a rather nice ode to the Beatles more "orchestral" pretensions, at least back when. Now most of this just seems overripe to me. Listenable, but with DEFINITE reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment