Sunday, February 13, 2011

886. Rolling Stones--Flowers (1967) (no rating; compilation)

886. Rolling Stones--Flowers (1967) (no rating; compilation)

1. Ruby Tuesday (9)
2. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadows? (8)
3. Let's Spend the Night Together (8+)
4. Lady Jane (4+)
5. Out of Time (4)
6. My Girl (?) (6)
7. Back Street Girl (?) (5)
8. Please Go Home (?) (3)
9. Mother's Little Helper (8+)
10. Take It or Leave It (?) (2)
11. Ride On, Baby (?) (2)
12. Sittin' on a Fence (?) (3+)

REVIEW: The track listing shows that a lot of these songs were previously released on Between the Buttons and Aftermath, so as such I believe it's a compilation, and I won't give it a rating. Anyway, the first three tracks are some of the best songs by the Stones IMO, as well as #9 (MLH). The cover of My Girl is tepid; it's no wonder it didn't receive the attention that other Temps covers they did like Ain't Too Proud to Beg and Just My Imagination, which I'd rate almost as closely as the original. I gave their version of My Girl a 6, where the original would get a 9 at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment