Sunday, March 13, 2011

808. Annie Lennox--Medusa (1995; #11) (1)

808. Annie Lennox--Medusa (1995; #11) (1)
1. No More I Love You's (2)
2. Take Me to the River (5+) (few notches below Al Green and the Talking Heads)
3. A Whiter Shade of Pale (7) (somewhat more tepid than the original)
4. Don't Let It Bring You Down (4)
5. Train in Vain (8) (this is by far my favorite cover on this album--in fact, I may like it nearly as much as the original. The song lends itself well to her style.)
6. I Can't Get Next to You (5+) (a huge step down from the original--tepid)
7. Downtown Lights (?) (2)
8. Thin Line Between Love and Hate (5) (only heard 30-second clip but don't care for the arrangement)
9. Waiting in Vain (5) (she doesn't improve on the Marley version--best version I've heard was by a woman on a cruise ship)
10. Something So Right (3)
11. Heaven (2) (I don't like the original)

REVIEW: The only one that she does well here is Train in Vain. Surprised this made the 897, and I'm an Annie Lennox fan. A 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment