Wednesday, March 23, 2011

787. The GoGos--Beauty and the Beat (1981, #1) (3)

787. The GoGos--Beauty and the Beat (1981, #1) (3)

1. Our Lips Are Sealed (9) (sounds as good today as when it came out!)
2. How Much More (?) (2)
3. Tonite (?) (2)
4. Lust to Love (?) (2)
5. This Town (2)
6. We Got the Beat (8)
7. Fading Fast (?) (2)
8. Automatic (?) (2+)
9. You Can't Walk In Your Sleep (If You Can't Sleep) (?) (2+)
10. Skidmarks on My Heart (?) (2+)
11. Can't Stop the World (?) (2+)

REVIEW: What a joy it is to hear (and see) this stuff again! The two big hits were filled with such unbridled exuberance and the passion of youth. I remembered only one other song, This Town, which I didn't care for. But Our Lips Are Sealed may have been the very first video I saw on MTV, shortly after graduating from high school. I give it a 3 overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment